Friends, we have talked about this effort before, but we are sharing this again because we believe it is an incredible opportunity for learning, collaboration, and cohort building. This is a way in which your students can develop their own civic skills and dispositions, and for teachers to consider new pedagogical and professional development approaches. It is open to Grade 6-12 teachers in Social Studies, ELA, Reading, or Science, and includes a stipend for Florida teachers. This is an entirely online cohort, so no travel is required or expected. Just try new things, collaborate, and learn with colleagues as your students grow as citizens. The online PD is starting soon – Contact Val McVey, Valerie.McVey@ucf.edu, for more information and to enroll.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS A. Civil Conversation
1. View recorded webinar. You can find the webinar here.
2. Live Q&A with teachers on January 30, 2018. 4–4:30 PT, 5 pm MT, 6 pm CT, 7 pm ET.
3. Choose a lesson from the Library and try it out with a class. Any time before March 1.
4. Post thoughts on discussion board. Any time before March 10.
B. Role Play/Simulation as Academic Discussion
1. Live webinar on March 15. 4-5 pm PT, 5 pm MT, 6 pm CT, 7 pm ET.
(Or watch recorded webinar after March 16 and join live discussion on March 27.)
2. Try it out with a class. Any time before May 1.
3. Post thoughts on discussion board. Any time before May 10.
4. Reteach a Civil Conversation or Role Play. Any time before May 30.
C. National Webinar, Flash Survey, and Stipend! (End of May.)