Our Curriculum Director, Val McVey, based out of our Connecticut office, passes along these upcoming webinars which may be of interest to folks in the field! The History and Memory webinar seems especially promising!
- “Technology and Digital Media in the Social Studies Classroom”: Thursday, February 8, 3:30-4:30. Experts in the field will discuss the latest technologies and methods to use them in the classroom. Co-sponsored by New England History Teachers Association.
- “History and Memory”. This series explores the difference between history and memory, and explores how societies remember the past has a direct impact on the present. This is a four part series:
- History, Memory and the Civil War (February 22, 3:30-4:30)
- Memories of World War I and World War II (March 15, 3:30-4:30)
- Memories of the Vietnam War (April 5, 3:30-4:30)
- The Aftermath of 9/11 (May 3, 3:30-4:30)
Any educators wishing to sign up for these webinars should contact Stephen Armstrong at Stephen.Armstrong@ct.gov